Before we dive into the list of best thermal printers, let us have a look at what they really are and what the purpose is. As per its name goes, unlike inkjet printers, thermal printers use heat to print on papers. They do not require nozzles to squirt out ink from it. Thermal printers are often spotted in places where billing and barcodes are done and printed often.
Thermal printers are designed to be fast and efficient, along with being compact. There has been a noticeable increase in thermal printers and its use in sectors like airlines, retails stores, grocery shops, banking sectors, along with healthcare facilities. Thermal printers are also highly capable of printing labels super fast. Given below is a list of 10 thermal printers perfect for your needs:
Top 10 Best Thermal Printers to Buy in 2022
Everycom thermal printer has a USB interface so that there will be secure printing. You can use it with different operating systems. It comes with Epson POS and ESC compatibility. The high printing speed of 120 mm per second can be great for small businesses. The product is also very handy. With it, you can have cost-effective printing without any ink.
It can produce 203 DPI print resolutions on logos, barcodes, and text. The complete guide lets you have easy operation and installation. Furthermore, it also comes with cash drawer integration. It also comes with a warranty of one year from the date of purchase.
- Quicker printing
- Free billing software
- Integrated cash drawer
- Cash drawer integration support for versatile use.
- USB interface enables secure printing.
- High printing speed allows saving time.
- Does not support macOS.
Using this thermal printer will let you virtually print from anywhere you want. All you have to do is to download the app and print directly from your smartphone. You can even connect it with the laptop via a USB cable. It also comes with Bluetooth functionality. The ultra-compact size of the printer helps in space efficiency.
It supports multiple platforms due to maximum compatibility. You can even choose from the full-page printout. The functional design does not require any toner or ink. The 58 mm receipt printer also provides high-resolution printing.
- Different connectivity options
- Mobile printing possible
- Wide range of supported apps
- App functionality for easy printing.
- Full-page printout support for maximum coverage.
- High-resolution printing for exceptional results.
- No battery backup option.
The external power supply design of the thermal printer lets you use it without interruption. It is easy to use and can be a perfect entry-level printer. The durable construction makes you use it for a long time. It delivers an exceptional performance with a dual-motor gear-driven design.
It can print at a quick rate due to the 400 Mhz processor. You will also be finding a flash storage memory of 8 MB. The product also features a DRAM of 16 MB. It also includes a complete guide that enables you to have easy installation.
- High-grade performance
- High-quality printing
- Very convenient to use
- Dual-motor gear-driven design for remarkable performance.
- 400 MHz processor for fast performance.
- External power supply for continuous printing.
- Need to purchase ribbon separately.
The ultra-lightweight design of the thermal printer makes it very portable. With thermal output, you don’t have to worry about getting ink or ribbon. It is also very durable and the mechanism life is 50 million lines. The multifunctional design lets you use it both for parallel POS and USB printing. It also comes with a wall-mount feature so that you can hang it conveniently.
With a fast receipt printing speed of 200 mm per second, it can be great for business purposes. The thermal printer also allows you to use it with different types of operating systems. On top of that, it offers a warranty of one year from the date of purchase.
- Printing quality is good
- User-friendly printer
- Auto cutter feature
- Fast printing speed for saving time.
- Durable design for improved mechanism life.
- Maximum compatibility for use with different operating systems.
- Installation takes certain time.
F2C thermal printer comes with advanced thermal direct technology without using any ribbons or cartridges. With a versatile design, it can be great for both small businesses and restaurants. It is also very compact and does not require much space. You will also find a complete guide so that there will be an easy setup. All you have to do is to use the USB and connect it with your computer.
The powerful battery of 2500 mAh allows having an uninterrupted operation. The resolution of 203 DPI makes it offer high-quality printing. You can even choose from mobile printing with the built-in Bluetooth function. The product also comes with a warranty of 1 year.
- Easy to setup and maintain
- High speed, clean printing
- Mobile printing option
- Built-in Bluetooth for smartphone compatibility.
- Versatile design allows use for different purposes.
- Durable construction for long-lasting use.
- Battery backup is low.
Using this thermal printer will let you have cost-effective printing. It is available in a low-noise design that prevents unwanted disturbance. The simple design allows you to have easy maintenance and operation. It is also easy to install. With Bluetooth connectivity, it lets you have mobile printing. The product also supports POS and ESC print commands.
It lets you download graphics printing. You can print directly from the laptop via a USB connection. It is available in a handy and lightweight design so that you can take it anywhere you want. The versatile design makes it great for different purposes. Additionally, it also offers a warranty of 1 year.
- High speed and low cost printing
- Wide range of compatible apps
- Different connectivity option
- Bluetooth system for mobile printing.
- Lightweight design for easy portability.
- Simple design enables easy operation.
- No battery backup.
Allowing you to have wireless convenience, it supports Bluetooth connectivity. The product is compatible with POS and ESC print commands. It also lets you download graphics printing and supports bitmap. With high-speed printing, you will be able to save time. It is easy to operate and make sure there will be quick installation.
With the built-in power supply design, you can use it from anywhere you want. It also eliminates the need for having ink cartridge or ribbon. You can even use it with a USB connection and print directly from the laptop. With a resolution of 203 DPI, it can offer high-quality printing. You will also find a sample paper roll for quick printing.
- Different connectivity options
- Easy installation and maintenance
- Great printing quality
- 203 DPI for high-quality printing.
- ESC and POS compatibility for better performance.
- Built-in power supply design for easy printing.
- Durability is under the scanner.
What makes it better than other products is that it supports high speed printing. It is available in a low-noise design and comes with maximum compatibility. The USB Technology lets you connect it directly to your laptop for having easy printing. The simple design also enables you to have easy paper roll installation and easy maintenance.
With it, there will be low operation costs for efficient performance. It also supports different international language characters. It includes all the necessary accessories so that there will be instant printing. The small size can also be great for saving space.
- High speed printing
- Relatively low noise
- BIS standard certification
- International language character support.
- USB technology allows direct printing from laptops.
- Low noise design prevents disturbances.
- Printing quality could be better.
The Bluetooth technology of the thermal printer offers you wireless convenience. You can print directly from your smartphone. With it, there will be trouble-free performance as it has an extra-strong gear set. It is available in a handy size that lets you take it anywhere you want.
The simple design also lets you have a hassle-free operation. It is perfect for kiosk banking, mobile printing, and invoicing apps. There is also a USB POS so that you can use it according to your needs. The product is highly effective making it great for small businesses.
- Sturdy construction
- Easy to operate
- Different printing options
- Bluetooth technology for wireless printing.
- Handy design for easy carrying.
- Extra strong gear set for trouble-free performance.
- No support for iOS or macOS.
It supports high speed printing so that there will be cost-effective performance. Equipped with a 58mm USB thermal receipt system, it lets you use it for different purposes. With low noise, you don’t have to worry about any disturbances. It is available in a lightweight design that enables easy portability. The advanced direct thermal technology eliminates the need for having an ink cartridge.
It also comes with a powerful battery for consistent operation. You can use it with different types of operating systems including Windows, Android, and IOS. The versatile design makes it great for different purposes. It is also very durable and has shock-resistant construction.
- Different connection options
- Wider range of compatibility
- High speed and low noise printing
- Versatile design allows use on different platforms.
- Powerful battery for uninterrupted operation.
- Lightweight design for easy portability.
- Some connectivity issues reported.
Benefits of Using a Thermal Printer
- Can be highly reliable
- Maintenance costs are low
- No ink or ribbons make handling easy
- The printed coupons and barcodes have unmatched quality
- The print quality remains consistent throughout
- Loading the paper is easy in thermal printers
- Using fonts is flexible
- Has an option for multiple fonts
Drawbacks of Using a Thermal Printer
- Ink can be used more as needed
- Color printing may not be up to the mark
- The drying of the ink may take longer making it prone to smudging
- Labels often fade
- Repairing or replacing may be costly
- Labels can’t tolerate high temperatures of heat or sunlight
Buying Guide for Thermal printers: What Should You Look for?
Owning a thermal printer for receipts and bill printing is a necessity now. Before you impulse buy just any thermal printer, here is a guide on what to look before investing in a thermal printer:
- The resolution the thermal printer provides– Labels need to be crisp and clear. The thermal printer’s resolution is directly proportional to the detailing of a printed label. More the resolution, the greater the detailing. The standard resolution for a thermal printer is anything above 200 dots per inch (DPI). However, a very detailed and clean label would need a resolution of 300 dpi to 600 dpi.
- Energy source it requires– Portable thermal printers run on batteries. If your work is mobile, it is recommended to buy a battery-operated thermal printer so that it is easy for you to use it anywhere and everywhere you need to. Electricity powered thermal printers, on the other hand, need to be fixed and connected to a power outlet in one place.
- Printing capacity– The thermal printers are based on how much volume of bills or receipts it can print. If your business needs a high volume of printing at the POS, you might want to consider buying a high-end product. If not, thermal printers with light or medium use range will serve you right. Buying a printer and putting a load on it even if it is not meant for such workload might destroy it completely.
Choosing the perfect and efficient thermal printer for your business might put you in a fix, given the number of products available in the market. The guide to the best thermal printers will solve your queries and doubts before you buy one for your business or personal needs.