PVC card printers are often called ID card printers. These printers are used to make photo IDs with PVC, which is a durable and long-lasting plastic often associated with pipes (polyvinyl chloride). PVC printers are widely used in organizations, along with hospitals and educational institutions. Here is a list of top 10 PVC card printers:
Top 10 Best PVC Card Printers
This Epson printer is suitable for printing PVC cards provided you purchase the PVC card tray separately. It has an extremely low noise rating of 36 dB that prevents disturbances. Equipped with Wi-Fi functionality, it lets you go completely wireless. You can even choose from the USB function to have secured connectivity. With multiple operating platform compatibility, it offers you many options.
The product also supports multiple page sizes. It will let you use it for regular photo printing or choose from borderless printing. The six-color ink tank design can provide high-quality pictures. It also delivers efficient performance with impressive printing speed. It is also very compact that enables you to save space. Even with all the features, the product comes with a warranty of 1 year.
- Maximum compatibility offers better convenience
- Wi-Fi feature provides wireless functionality
- Multiple page size support enables printing different items
- Low-noise design for reduced disturbance
- Six-color ink tank design for superior results.
- Fast printing speed for saving time.
- USB connectivity for secure printing.
- Installation could take some time.
You should use this PVC card tray with the previous Epson printer we have discussed in the previous section. It comes in a simple design and still can perform multiple tasks. With the seamless design, you will be able to print ID cards, Aadhar cards, and much more. With it, you will be print the IDs with precision.
The dual-slot function enables you to print two cards simultaneously. Even the tray can perfectly fit any standard PVC card. Not just that it lets you use it with an Epson printer conveniently. It lets you use it with both pigment ink and dry ink so that the printer can last longer. It is also very durable that offers value for money.
- High-quality construction enhances durability
- Perfect size tray fits standard PVC cards
- Dry ink and pigment ink compatibility
- Dual slot function for two cards printing.
- Seamless design allows printing different ID cards.
- Maximum compatibility with different Epson printers.
The impressive printing speed makes sure that you save time. Equipped with the feature of a rechargeable battery, it can be great to have a continuous operation. It also provides high-quality printing due to the improved print resolution of 5760 DPI. It comes with multiple connectivity options including Epson Connect, Wi-Fi, and Wi-Fi direct.
The lightweight design can be perfect for having easy portability. It offers better flexibility as you can choose from different page sizes. The product also supports borderless printing. It enables you to print directly from the mobile phone without using a computer. The adjustable screen of 6.9 cm offers you better convenience.
- Rechargeable battery function for wireless printing
- Wi-Fi Direct function for seamless connectivity
- Adjustable screen offers many options
- Borderless printing for maximum page utilization
- Lightweight construction enables easy portability.
- Multiple page size support offers better flexibility.
- Powerful print resolution for superior results.
- Printing cost is slightly high.
When you combine this PVC card ID card tray with the Epson PictureMate PM-520 Photo Printer, there will be great results. It comes with maximum compatibility so that you can use it with different types of printers.
The ID card tray can easily accommodate two PVC cards so that you can save time. With the ink cartridge type, it lets you use it for printing different things. The product also lets you print in high quality. One of the great things about the product is that it comes at an affordable value.
- Durable construction for long-lasting use
- Simple design enables hassle-free use
- Multifunctional design for different PVC cards
- Dual card slot design for saving time.
- High compatibility for user advantage.
- Ink cartridge type for versatile printing.
- The construction could have been sturdier.
Allowing you to perform different functions, it comes in an all-in-one design. It has high speed USB 2.0 connectivity system that offers secure use. With it, there will be efficient performance as it has improved page yield. The printer also lets you save time with quick printing. It can offer high-quality results with a better resolution of 5760 DPI.
You can easily print different items as it supports multiple page sizes. It offers maximum convenience by allowing direct printing from the USB port, memory card slot, and PictBridge. The large LCD screen of 2.7 inches allows you to have an easy operation. You will also be getting a warranty of one year from the date of purchase.
- Multifunctional design for printing, copying, and scanning
- Variable page size support for versatile operation
- 5760 DPI resolution for remarkable results
- Quick printing design for maximum productivity
- Large LCD screen enables easy operation.
- USB 2.0 connectivity system for fast results.
- Improved page yield for efficient performance.
- No wireless connectivity options.
Ideal for printing different types of ID cards, it offers you a better functionality. It comes in a pack of four so that there will be value for money. The product serves great for Epson inkjet printers and you can even select for different models.
The PVC card ID card tray can be perfect for commercial applications. It is also very strong for long-lasting use. A single tray can accommodate two IDs at a time for better productivity. You can use this custom PVC card tray with the previously mentioned Epson L850 Multi-Function printer.
- Two ID support for maximum productivity
- Simple design for hassle-free use
- Combo set for commercial applications
- High compatibility for use with different printer models.
- Strong design enhances durability.
- Pack of four offers value for money.
- Build quality is not premium.
The small footprint of this printer enables you to have better space efficiency. It features an LCD of 1.4 inches for better visibility. You will also find a high-capacity ink tank that prevents constant refilling. You can even fill without any hassle due to the spill-free technology. The product comes with a high page yield of 7000 pages which makes it deliver efficient performance.
It can provide sharp prints with a resolution of 5760 DPI. The incredible print speed of 33 pages per minute helps in better productivity. It also lets you print wirelessly with the Wi-Fi feature. The product has a manufacturer warranty of 1 year.
- Spill-free technology prevents unwanted hassle
- Large-capacity ink tank prevents refilling constantly
- Large LCD improves visibility
- Compact footprint for saving space
- Powerful page yield for maximum efficiency.
- Superior print speed provides better productivity.
- Wi-Fi feature for wireless printing.
- The software could have been better.
What makes this one better for anyone is that it comes in a highly portable design. With Wi-Fi connectivity, you can easily use it with smartphones. It comes with automatic duplex printing that can print both sides simultaneously. The product serves great for Epson inkjet printers of different models.
It makes sure there will be a perfect fit and it is also very durable. It offers maximum convenience and you can even use it for printing ID cards of large sizes. The product has a maximum monochrome print speed of 15 PPM. You can use this PVC card tray with Epson L4160 All-in-One Ink Tank printer.
- Sturdy construction for durability
- Portable design for easy carrying
- Maximum compatibility allows use with different printers
- High monochrome print speed for saving time.
- Large capacity for printing IDs of large sizes.
- Automatic duplex printing for effortless performance.
- Can get damaged easily.
To offer you better convenience, it supports auto duplex printing. Equipped with the feature of borderless printing, it lets you print completely on an A4 size paper. The spill-free ink technology can prevent unwanted mess. It also lets you save time with a high print speed of 15 IPM. The integrated tank design makes it perfect for anyone.
It also comes with Wi-Fi Direct and Ethernet so that you can have a wireless experience. By connecting it with a router, you can print from four devices simultaneously. It is available in a multifunctional design and can perform many tasks. The compact design can also be great for saving space. It has an automatic document feeder that can be great for multi-page copying and scanning.
- Router support allows connecting four devices
- Auto-duplex printing eliminates changing the page
- Ethernet support enables going completely wireless
- Versatile design for performing multiple tasks
- Automatic document feeder for user convenience.
- Multifunctional design yields better productivity.
- Spill-free technology prevents mess.
- Printing speed is rather slow.
Providing you with better convenience, it includes an ID card tray along with genuine black ID cards. It lets you print different types of ID cards with high-quality results. The best thing is that it lets you use it with different types of Epson printers. You can use this card tray with Epson All-in-One Ink Tank printer.
The high-quality PVC material helps to enhance longevity. It can provide quality results that eliminate the need for having an expensive thermal card printer. With two card capacity, it also offers better convenience. The product can last longer as it supports pigment ink and dry ink.
- Five genuine black ID cards for user advantage
- Dual card capacity for better convenience
- Dry ink and pigment ink compatibility
- Durable PVC material offers value for money.
- High compatibility with different Epson printer models.
- Simple design for easy installation.
- No guide is available for installation.
Benefits of Using a PVC Card Printer
- Better image quality– Plastic cards printed on a PVC card printer have a good image quality. The cards printed digitally are sharper in quality and also have the option for color printing. Along with crisp images, the text is far more legible and clear.
- Protection– the cards printed digitally have layers of the hologram on them. These cards are also tamper-resistant and can’t be altered easily. PVC printed cards thus can’t be reproduced easily.
- Durability– The ID cards printed digitally are not prone or less prone to getting destroyed under heat exposure or when coming in contact with any liquid chemical. The lamination provided on these cards is also resistant to UV rays and water, making it last longer.
Buying Guide for PVC Card Printers
The use of ID cards is not confined to just the corporate sector. ID cards are used in educational institutions, the government sector, even in transits and more. Therefore, it is important to know how much and what quality ID cards you need to print so that you can pick the correct printer as per your usage. Here is a list of things you must consider:
- Technology the printer uses
PVC ID card printers have two technologies, one being DTC or Direct to Card, the other being reverse transfer (retransfer). Direct to Card technology includes dye-sublimation, where the print head gives heat to every ribbon’s panel so that the ink is converted into vapor.
The vapor diffuses on the card’s surface. The Direct to Card method is effectively fast and gives the best results with monochrome or color images. The resolution obtained in this method goes up to 300 dots per inch (DPI). This printing method leaves a white border around the printed card.
Coming to the retransfer or reverse transfer method, it also uses a technology similar to the Direct to Card printing process. With the retransfer printing method, printing over the edges is possible. It does not leave any white spaces on the printed cards. Retransfer method allows one to print on uneven surfaces too (proximity or smart cards). In comparison to DTC methods, the retransfer method is slower and gives a resolution up to 600 dots per inch.
- Hologram layers and lamination
A few PVC card printers come with the lamination feature along with encoding. Lamination provides a protective layer making the card long-lasting. While few printers provide a thin film, some might also give a thick layer. Naturally, the thicker lamination coating is better and stays for long. In addition to these features, the hologram layers provide additional security to the cards and maintain confidentiality.
While the standard PVC printers come with USB 2.0 interface, other models support Ethernet connections that allow direct printing. The Ethernet connectivity gives multiple users the liberty to work on the same printer from different corners of the office. Besides connectivity, reliable software is also an important aspect. Compatible software can be installed and made available for the users.
As discussed earlier in this article, PVC ID Card printers are important in nearly every sector of work. Along with that, it is important to keep the quality of the ID cards up to the mark, which will hold an image for the organization or an institution. Thus, this guide is put together to help you with buying the right PVC card printer for your needs.